note: Since I have a lot of posts now and I don’t really haul many books, this is now both a book haul post and a list of posts I’ve loved this month. So instead of book hauls only, these wrap-ups function as yet another section of my monthly wrap-up posts! I think this will add a little more dimension to these posts, which I’ve tended to find kind of boring in the past [don’t kill me].
[check out my previous hauls here]
reviews linked in each post
- If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio
- Sexism in Steven Moffat’s Doctor Who? from Of Dice and Pen
- The Many Different Endings of Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Explained from Vulture
- 1 Woman, 12 Months, 52 Places from NYTimes
- In Our Latest Edition of ‘I Am Tired of Men’: The Weeknd and His Homophobic Song ‘Lost in the Fire’ by Roxana Hadadi, an article which I felt on a deep level
- Why Do the Oscars Keep Falling for Racial Reconciliation Fantasies? from NYTimes, aka Green Book Hate Team
- The Rise and Rise of the Disposable Black Girlfriend from Yomi Adegoke @ The Pool
- A Late Post: Queen of Air and Darkness Theories by Jamieson @Jamishelves
- Series Review: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare by Brianna @Brianna the Bookworm, and yes I agree this is the best series!!!
- The Bastardization of Femininity in YA Media, We Need to Talk About Sexual Assault as a Literary Trope, and 5-POC Centric Fantasy Novels by Shri @SunandChai
Muse of Mental Illness Rep // Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor by Kat @ Novels & Waffles
December Wrap-Up: The most wonderful time of the year (allegedly) by Emma @EmmaReadsTooMuch
- Review: Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore by Acqua @AcquaDiMore, an excellent review of an absolutely excellent book, and T10T: SFF Books Set Outside the US, TBD
- Best Books of 2018 & Reading Year in Review: 2018 & Blue Sargent’s Reading List by Marija @InsideMyLibraryMind
- Goodbye 2018: The End of Year Book Survey, ft. Favorite Books, Disappointing Reads, and Stats and Graphs!! by May @ Forever and Everly
- Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3) by Cassandra Clare, a review by Melanie @MelTotheAny that I now have to say I completely agree with, and 2019 Reading Goals, a good post op
Top Ten Books I Meant to Read In 2018 but Didn’t Get To & Top Ten Platonic Relationships in Books from Chaima @RunawayWithDreamThieves
A Smol Recap of Every Month in 2018 and My Goals for 2019 (ft. the books I need to read this year) and also a Hiatus Recap by Julianna @ Paper Blots, my friend who has RETURNED TO BLOGGING god I love you I missed you blogging so much ???
Unhealthy Relationships in Books | Discussion by Amber @ Ambsreads
- One of the absolute best videos I have seen in my entire life, The Mysterious Disappearance of the Sawkill Girls, which is a Buzzfeed Unsolved parody and also the funniest thing ever.