I’m actually not joking. It’ll all make sense if you click on the post probably
I GOT INTO MY DREAM COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW. So this semester of my school year has been one of the most stressful of my life. And I’ve worked super super hard! And I kind of feel amazing about it. And I’m so so excited!!!!
bulleted list of reasons why I am very very excited to attend Bryn Mawr college in Philadelphia, college of my dreams that actually wants me !!!!!!! shocker
- it has fantastic humanities programs, plus access to the campuses of three other colleges
- very very large prevalence of theater departments!!
- this is especially surprising considering it’s fucking tiny
- user SierraWritesYa on Twitter has alerted me that all the gays in her area attend
- the dorms go all four years!! bonding with other grades!!!
- that might seem like a very random thing but i actually love being friends with people in different grades and i always have. i had senior friends as a freshman and i have freshman friends as a senior (I’M GOING TO MISS THEM I’M CRYING?). can’t wait for the repeat event !!!!
- it’s known within the area for having fairly good food for a college campus!! you think I kid but I have the receipts. the Swarthmore tour guide straight up told us he goes to Bryn Mawr to eat. volunteered that info. i love the best school of all time
- undergrad only colleges are seriously the best i want actual professor relationships i could not live without my teacher relationships wow i’m going to miss some of the teachers at my school sorry
- my friend and former-role-double-for-Brutus-in-Julius-Caesar Ella is a freshman here!!! this actually didn’t impact my decision at all as I found out after I’d already fallen in love, but I’m so excited to spend three years with her
- you just saw a picture of the campus but like, you genuinely can’t imagine how beautiful it is
- you can do laundry for free!! i know this is so small but like, come on
- bonus round: merit scholarship
- the people. I loved every person I met at Bryn Mawr on my tour and the overall vibe of the school was…. incredible. it’s actually why I fell so in love
- “do you hear back from the lesbian philadelphia college?” –user Kav @XReadingSolaceX
- basically, #BrynMawr2023. I swear I’ll try not to be obnoxious about it
I got into college based on a very very great deal of hard work!!!!! HERE is a bulleted list of several things I Really Did involving school and college this year:
- I did all of my college applications over the summer
- literally, all of them except three
- i was planning on applying to thirteen schools
- wow glad i wrote and edited eight applications that no one will ever see?
- as you probably have already guessed, this was my early decision and my #1 top tier. my #1 bitch so to speak
- I also filmed college auditions involving a singing portfolio and my hair was a mess
- okay but actually I worked so hard this semester. I picked classes I actually don’t suck at!! which means I took one math class, one foreign language class, two sociological classes and two english classes. these included an AP class, a post-AP class, two honors classes, and one other senior-only advanced class.
- you think I’m kidding about my class choices but I’m absolutely not, no science we get into colleges like lesbians
I mean, it’s so hard not to be self deprecating but I really don’t want to undervalue this: I put so much effort into all of my classes. one of my favorite teachers told me I’m “one of the best writers [she’s] ever had”. another favorite wrote on my paper just today “consistently pulls out fantastic analysis.” a teacher I had for an entire semester last year told her I had written “the best essay you’ve ever written for me” at the very beginning of the year. my Latin teacher has consistently told me how much I’ve improved and how hard I’ve clearly worked to pass an AP test and get through to Post-AP my senior year.
- and all in aaaaaaaaaaall for first quarter I got an all-A report card (!!!!!) featuring a token A-. it was in math. I hope you’re all surprised.
- I go to an extremely competitive school and while I’ve worked super hard, this is definitely a new thing and I’m super happy and proud of myself.
And I think a lot of my badassery because I went through this really good emotional crisis this summer, which involved finally deciding to stand up for what I deserved gaining……….. two new irl best friends within my friend group? And got closer to a lot of random people at my school, which is something I don’t give myself nearly enough credit for. And I started opening up about life things. Or starting to, anyway. And I’ve been a complete Stress Mess this semester but I genuinely don’t know if I’ve been happier ever.
Also, I’m pretty sure my score on that one purity test we all took in like sixth grade when has gone from like, 100%, to about 75%, and actually, on that note, may i just say this test is so exceptionally heteronormative……………. and actually half of the test answers are Seriously Messed Up.
As you may be able to tell, I have not lost my love for going off on tangents. Or my love of bulleted lists. I still cry at random things (I just cried three separate times during two episodes of The Good Place) and cannot actually reach out to people unless I’m filled with energy (working on it). But hey, you’re the ones following me, right?
I guess I’ll just leave you with this quote from my crying session, because it’s been such an exciting day, and I guess this made me cry:
“Because if everything is determined and we have no free will, then all the stuff we are doing to put more good into the world is pointless, and I want to believe it means something.”