Hey blogger friends, it’s Elise, and it’s time for yet another TBR! I’ve been working out a new format, partially inspired by blogging of several of my best blogging friends, for these posts this month, and I think the result is gorgeous. And also, very long.
so this past month: why do I bother.
→my TBR from last month←
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 🌟
- Exit West by Mohsin Hamid ✅
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee 🌟
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 🍃
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov ✅
- Seafire (#1) by Natalie C. Parker 🍃
- Toil & Trouble by Tess Sharpe et. al. ❌
- Worlds Seen in Passing by Irene Gallo et. al. ❌
- The Echo Room by Parker Peevyhouse ✅
- The Queen of Crows (The Sacred Throne, #2) by Myke Cole 🍃
- Unbroken: An Anthology by Marieke Nijkamp | 18 Sep 2018 🌟
- Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand | 2 Oct 2018 ✅
- Blanca y Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore | 9 Oct 2018 🌟
- Beneath the Citadel by Destiny Soira | 9 Oct 2018 ❌
- Assassin’s Guide to Love and Treason by Virginia Boecker | 23 Oct 2018 ❌
completed ✅: 4
dnfed or lost interest 🍃: 3
currently reading 🌟: 4
remained on tbr ❌: 4
misc readathon reference for the month:
You can find the readathons Goodreads group here.
You can also find a full readathon calendar here!
This Post on December Readathons
Short-A-Thon (Dec 21-Dec 31)
→so this coming month←
I’ll be reading 2018 releases.
🍀Senlin Ascends (#1) by Josiah Bancroft
🍀Barbed Wire Heart by Tess Sharpe
🍀The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton
🍀Worlds Seen in Passing by Irene Gallo et. al.
Toil & Trouble by Tess Sharpe et. al.
Anger is a Gift by Mark Oshiro
Nothing Left to Burn by Heather Ezell
Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray
books I don’t own:
Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
Dear Rachel Maddow by Adrienne Kisner
Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
The Boneless Mercies with Emma @EmmaReadsTooMuch.
series I want to catch up on (8):
A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers, Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor, Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray; later on, Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman, The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden, Valiant by Holly Black, Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco.
five star predictions, here & here (5):
If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio, New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson, When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore, Toil & Trouble by Tess Sharpe et. al., Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan.
next year’s arcs, physical (10):
From January, Song of the Dead (#2) by Sarah Glenn Marsh. From February, Goodbye Perfect by Sara Barnard, The Black Coats by Colleen Oakes, Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte. From March, 🍀You Asked for Perfect by Laura Silverman and 🍀Weight of the Stars by K. Ancrum, The Last 8 (#1) by Laura Pohl, Sherwood by Meagan Spooner, Dig by A.S. King. From April, Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan.
books from my school library (6-9):
The Archived, Finnikin and the Rock, The Piper’s Son, Please Ignore Vera Dietz, The Unseen World, She Is Not Invisible.
How were your reading months? Did you make a TBR? Did you succeed? Any of these books on your list or sound interesting to you? Let me know down in the comments!