So since I have a lot of posts now, this has been made into a book haul post, a meeting authors wrap-up, and a list of posts I’ve loved this month. So instead of book hauls only, these wrap-ups function as yet another section of my monthly wrap-up posts! I think this will add a little more dimension to these posts, which I’ve tended to find kind of boring in the past [don’t kill me].
Anyway. They’re not boring anymore!
None this month! I got a chance to meet Kiersten White and then it didn’t. happen. It was tragic.
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White | ★★★★★
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen | ★★★★★
- The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo
- Americanah by Chimanda Ngozi Adiche
- Armistice by Lara Elena Donnelly
- The Law of Inertia by S. Gonzales [digital]
- The Weight of Stars by K. Ancrum [digital]
- Seven Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty | thank you Flatiron
hey, so what does this mean: Two hard copies of books that my library could not use [as one of the librarians is on a national award-selection committee]. I only actually bought three books; one book I bought because I was in the middle of it [and then I didn’t finish it] and two books for school. I was also sent two arcs directly from publishers, and I am so so happy about that!! One netgalley arc.
because we stan my blogging friends
- Everyone’s Five-Star Readathon TBRs
- Blog Engagement Tips & Other Strategies to Get People to Support You and Your Blog! by Aimee @AimeeAlways
- An Open Letter to Anyone Who Reads Reviews by Vicky @VickyWhoReads
- T10T: How I Make (or Break!) My Reading Moods by Destiny @ Howling Libraries
- I read all the Harry Potter books and it was whatever: A definitive ranking
by Emma @EmmaReadsTooMuch [yikes.]
- ~ The Revolution of Jack Frost ~ by Solomon @ The Bookish King [this is the funniest thing I have ever read]
- Damsel by Elana K. Arnold by Melanie @MelToTheAny [I actually DNFed an arc of this and this is exactly w h y. it feels like torture porn to me.]
- On Consumerism in the Book Community by Taryn @TarynAndHerBooks [I relate to this so deeply!! I actually basically don’t buy books I haven’t read yet anymore and essentially just buy books when I plan to read them immediately.]
- SERIES REVIEW: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han and FILM ADAPTATION FRIDAY: The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
by Jami @JamiShelves
- Blogging Tips #7: How to Blog When You’re Not Reading and Discussion: The Eternal Frustration of an International Book Blogger by Marija @InsideMyLibraryMind [Marija’s blog tips just go off]
- May’s Moments of the Month: September // Spiraling Mental Health, Some Reading, Not a Lot of Blogging, and Lice… Again! and Do Book Ratings Have Anything to Do with Critical Reading??: My Thoughts on Why I’ve Been Rating Books Highly Lately by May @ Forever and Everly
- #DiverseBookBloggersDiscuss: Where are all the British Pakistani authors in YA? and Author/Reviewer Interaction Etiquette part II and How Books helped me acknowledge my trauma by Fadwa @ Word Wonders [Fadwa you were on fire this month what]
- After Twilight’s Success, Director Catherine Hardwicke Was Labeled “Difficult” and Replaced by Men by Princess Weekes @ The Mary Sue
- The Difference Between Dystopia and Post-Apocalyptic
- What Is the Gayest Marvel Movie from @ The Vulture
okay listen. stuff like this is super important
- The Recent New York Times Trump Expose
- The Senate is so crazily designed it would be literally illegal for a US state to copy it from @Vox
Are any of these hauled books on your TBR? Any you want me to prioritize? Any you hate? What about all these posts by my badass friends? Let me know down in the comments!
Blog | Goodreads | Twitter | Youtube