So since I have a lot of posts now, this has been made into a book haul post, a meeting authors wrap-up, and a list of posts I’ve loved this month. So instead of book hauls only, these wrap-ups function as yet another section of my monthly wrap-up posts! I think this will add a little more dimension to these posts, which I’ve tended to find kind of boring in the past [don’t kill me].
Anyway. They’re not boring anymore!
None this month! I was out of town all month. Though half of it was at a writing camp, so I definitely have an excuse for meeting no one.
This has to be my smallest book haul ever. I wasn’t even on a ban last month and I only got four books; two from a used bookstore, an unsolicited review copy, and then ONE digital arc I actually requested [thanks, Melanie]. It was a very weird month, but honestly, this was probably good.
- Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton [thanks to McElderry for this!!]
- Like Never and Always by Ann Aguirre [thanks to Tor teen for this copy!!]
- Tithe by Holly Black [used bookstore!] | ★★★★☆
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Shakespeare [used bookstore!] | ★★★★★
—Best of BookTube—
- Five Reasons to Read Circe by Madeline Miller from Adriana @PerpetualPages [I will not rest till you all subscribe to my literal favorite booktuber]
- City of Bones review (one star) by Marines @MyNameisMarines [what a mood]
- SEVERAL OF MY BOOKTUBE VIDEOS!! yes, I started a booktube this month. and I really hope you follow it. self promo and all that.
—Best of Blogging—
- How Being a Book Blogger Affects My Reader Life by
- by Marija @InsideMyLibraryMind [what a good post. I’m in love with this need this energy in my life 24/7]
- Stop Excusing Abusive Behaviour | Discussion by Amber @AmbsReads [this discussion post has bde @Amber I want you to know that] [also it recommends my two favorite books about domestic abuse, It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover and Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios, so you should read it just for that]
- The Best of 2018 So Far by Rachel @RecItRachel [Rachel and I became twitter mutuals like… this month and I’m constantly in awe of her recommendations and the sheer amount of books she reads. go follow her!!] [feat. how long each book has been slept on. aka a mood]
- Possible Writing Conditions & (Maybe) How to Fix Them by Elizabeth Hunter [a super good writing tip post!!]
- June & July Combo Wrap-Up by Emma @EmmaReadsTooMuch [in this house we stan Emma practicing self care] [also we stan you changing Foolish Hearts to five stars I can’t believe it took you so long]
- July Wrap Up by Silvia @SilviaReadsBooks [Silvia read 25 books this month appreciate her]
The 90s Kid Book Tag by Hadeer @CaireneLibrarian [this is such a funny tag and you should all follow Hadeer and her booktube!]
August 2018 Anticipated Releases by Danielle @LifeofaLiteraryNerd [suuuuuuch a good list, I’m reading Mirage right now and I would die for it]
TBR ROUNDUP: Looking Back At Old TBRs by Destiny @HowlingLibraries [i…….. love statistics posts]
Blog Tour: A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole, and My Happy ADHD Heart by Alienor @MeetTheBookWorld [a good and quality #ownvoices review of the ADHD rep in this book that also totally convinced me to read it] [this only has like 2% to do with the gorgeous dress the MC is wearing I swear]
Review: Sangu Mandanna’s A Spark of White Fire by Acqua @Acquadimore [another fantastic review from Acqua that single-handedly convinced me to read and adore this book]
Pairing Up Books I Love with Songs I’m Trash For by Fadwa @WordWonders [this is GREAT love the playlists]
July 2018 Favorites and Judging Books By Their Covers: August Releases Edition by Marija @InsideMyLibraryMind [Florence and the Machine’s new album……… you’re right and you should say it] [also okay I love Foundryside but…….. Housegirl absolutely has the best cover ngl]
City of Ashes: Review and Strange Grace: Review by Melanie @MeltotheAny [Melanie……… I know I’ve said it before but your snapchat roast of TMI was my favorite thing I’ve experienced this year] [also you’ve totally convinced me I’m about to love Strange Grace I’m out on the hunt for this kind of energy]
July Wrap-Up + August TBR by Em @RunAwayWithDreamThieves [i’d die for Em and also she read and loved like five of my faves this month!! go follow her and her reviews!!]
FILM ADAPTATION FRIDAY: The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic and FILM ADAPTATION FRIDAY feat. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo by Jami @JamiShelves [this is the best blog meme of the 21st century thanks Jami I’d die for you and also I promise to join it soon!!] [actually i had a book tag idea sort of similar to this like two weeks ago shshshhhshs it was in my drafts] [also ur Dan and Matt casting……. i know everyone says those but you’re Right] [AND THE RENEE IS SHSHSHHSHSHS] [the Bryan Fuller quality though]
A Peek Into My Trip to Japan and Thailand: Really Hot Places, Family and Friends and Fun, and GOOD THAI FOOD by May @ForeverandEverly [none of us will ever live up to May’s post title length or her aesthetic travel pics and I’m okay with that]