It’s arc august!! And I need to stop grabbing arcs. Seriously. Unfortunately, my ass is broke and needs those free books. What’s the result? I have more arcs I haven’t read than I do physical copies of books I haven’t read. Great job, Elise. Great. Job.
Anyway, it’s time to read some damn arcs. Here’s the list, in a vague sort of order of how I’ll read them. I’ll be flexible though based on my moods!!
- The Tiger’s Daughter by Julia Ember – August 22nd
I started this a few days ago, so I guess I’m reading it?? So far the worldbuilding is pretty darn confusing. But I like the main character. I picked this up almost entirely because it’s a nonbinary protagonist in fantasy, honestly.
- The Hanging Girl by Eileen Cook – October 3rd
I picked this up bc I loved the author’s debut, but it’s kind of annoying me. First of all, it’s only available the computer and doesn’t have a kindle version. Second of all, mean girls already popped up 25 pages in.
- Odd and True by Cat Winters – September 15th
I’m REALLY enjoying this so far!! It’s historical fiction about sisters. Also I absolutely love the cover 🙂
- Warcross by Marie Lu – September 12th
Not to be this person but I fucking love Marie Lu and everyone says this is fabulous??
- Speak Easy Speak Love by McKelle George – September 19th
I love Much Ado About Nothing. And the cover.
- He Said / She Said by Erin Kelly – already out
This is a suspense novel, I saw about three decent reviews of it, and I decided to netgalley request it. Please can this not have been a mistake.
- Leo Loves Aries by Anyta Sunday – already out
I am honestly reading this entirely because one of my friends told me to. And because it was free. Goodbye. Anyway, it’s a romance between two guys and the blurb is cute.
- Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moira Fowley-Doyle – August 8th
Bi witches!! Also I loved the author’s first book.
- They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera – September 5th
Both major hype and an author I really love. I also don’t want to physically die though??
- Echo After Echo by Amy Rose Capetta – October 10th
This is about girls falling in love in the theater with suspense. That honestly sounds like somebody read a list of Things Elise Wants To Read and brought this book down from heaven. Hilariously, both my coworker and one of my GR friends recognized this fact and went to recommend this to me.
- Three Sides of a Heart by Various – December 19th
I love story collections. I hate love triangles. How will I reconcile these facts? Let’s see.
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C Dao – October 10th
I. LOVE. ANTIHEROES. This looks freaking amazing.
- Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson – already out
The blurb of this sounds freaking amazing. It’s set in the future and in the present and in the past. Three. Different. Threads. Winner!!
- Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios – already out
This released a month ago and I was super excited for it. So maybe I should actually read it? Maybe?
- The Glass Town Game by Catherynne M. Valente – September 19th
I need to read long books for tome topple!! So here we go.
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton – February 20th
I need to read long books for tome topple!! And I’m also incredibly hyped for this book – the concept especially sounds awesome.