- Chaotic Good by Whitney Gardner – A physical arc I got through my bookstore. This is contemporary, which I haven’t been reading so much recently, but I loved Gardner’s debut You’re Welcome Universe so I wanted to check this out. I’m really happy I tried this!! Here’s my review.
- The Window by Amelia Brunskill – A physical arc I got through my bookstore. It’s a fairly short suspense novel and I need more of those.
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller – Edelweiss. This got a ton of hype for being one of the first fantasy books with a nonbinary protagonist, and I was really excited for it. I saw a ton of negative reviews for this debut, but one of my friends just read it and gave it five stars!! So I’ll be trying it. Why not?
- Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire – Edelweiss. I requested this as soon as I saw it due to my love for the rest of the series – this is one I definitely would’ve bought as well. Here’s my review.
- The Tiger’s Watch by Julia Ember – Netgalley!! This is fantasy with a nonbinary protagonist and I’ve heard good things about the author’s other books.
- Artemis by Andy Weir – Edelweiss. It’s a space opera and I saw a good review of this from a friend!!
- Like Water by Rebecca Podos – Edelweiss. Again, I’m not that into contemporary anymore, but I know this is about two girls falling in love, it has great reviews, and I love the cover. I’d like to try this one out!!
Books I Bought (mostly on discount)
- I got a few copies of different Shakespeare plays that I’ve read before but didn’t own for fairly cheap.
- The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore – One of the only two full price books I bought this month, and it was on an employee discount. I had already read most of the book, but I bought this for a signing I went to with the author. Here’s my review!!
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz – The other full-price book, and of course on an employee discount as well. I don’t know if this even counts, but I needed it for school.
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie – I just really needed a short suspense novel and this has been on my list for a while. And this one was cheap too!!
- Cleopatra’s Moon by Vicky Alvear Shecter – Again, discounted book I’d never seen before!! Strand bookstore was really a lot of fun. This is a historical fiction book that I’ve seen get a lot of praise. I think it’s also lgbt??
- Saint Death by Marcus Sedgewick – A really short standalone that, again, I’ve never found in a store beyond Strand.
- Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz – A standalone I’ve been excited to read and have literally never found in a store. I finally found a copy of this for only five dollars at Strand.
- Shiny Broken Pieces by Chairoptra / Clayton – A sequel to a book on my shelf. More discounts at Strand.
- In Ageless Sleep by Arden Ellis – A novella. I just needed to finally download and finish this, considering how short and cheap it is. Anyway, it’s f/f scifi.
- The Devil You Know by K.J. Parker – Another cheap novella I just needed to finally download. This is existentialist fantasy.